Tuesday, April 18, 2006

"Sex in video games" Conference.

The Sex in Video Games conference is happening in 2 months at the San Francisco Kensington hotel. Part of me wants badly to go, but it's on a Thursday and Friday and I'm not willing to skip work for it.

My chinese frugality balked at the $295 price tag, and my first impulse was to offer to give a lecture in exchange for a free pass. Then I realized it might not reflect the best on my company. sigh... sometimes one must give up their dreams for the greater good.

I must say I'm disappointed by the titles of these talks. "Integrating the Adult & Game Markets". "Creating Successful Games with Erotic Content". "The Future of Technology & Sex". How is it possible to take such exciting material and make it sound so boring?

Here are my suggestions:

"Integrating the Adult & Game Markets" --> "Make your X-box an XXX-box"

"Creating Successful Games with Erotic Content" --> "Hot Coffee, Hot Games"

"The Future of Technology & Sex" --> "Frontiers in Fucking"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh come now, sex is just too taboo and even though the conference promoters are using it to drive their revenue stream, who would have really imagined that? I wonder how many other people in history would have thought to monetize sex? It is still something so uninteresting and unglamorous that no one really wants to have a stimulating discussion about it. I mean it is almost to the point where it is amazing that anyone would actually be interested in sex at all. Plus aren’t video games just for kids?

As for your suggested forum titles, they have terrific marketing appeal, I know I'd certainly be intrigued at the idea of listening in, oh how very voyeuristic of me. But the truth is you maybe offering the hope of false advertising as there is no way the discussion could be nearly as interesting as your suggestions. So with all that already said, I wanted to share my own thoughts on naming, just because well I can.

"Integrating the Adult & Game Markets"
"Make your X-box an XXX-box"
”Wake up, Tits and Ass Sell”

"Creating Successful Games with Erotic Content"
"Hot Coffee, Hot Games"
”Puberty is a Wonderful Thing”

"The Future of Technology & Sex"
"Frontiers in Fucking"
“The Next 17 Year Old is only 365 Days Away”

TMK =)